Are you ready for the 6th annual 5K for Family Peace? Lace up your sneakers and bring out your inner flower child to walk, run, or stroll for peaceful communities! We encourage all participants and spectators to dress in outfits … Continue reading
Online Job Searching
Date: 4/20/2015 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Cost: Free (Registration required)
Location: Chatham Community Library
197 Highway 87 N
Pittsboro, North Carolina 27312
Join Chris Moses, Career Center Coordinator at CCCC, as he helps you navigate the world of online job searching.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- making your information available online
- keeping personal information private
- maintaining a professional online presence
- using job search engines
- using career-related social networking sites
- finding and filling out the online application
- identifying common application mistakes
Prerequisites: Participants must be comfortable operating a computer, using a mouse and keyboard, and navigating the Internet.
This workshop is FREE and open to the public; however, class size is limited and registration is required.
Students in college and career readiness classes explored different careers with MECA computer software and kits (Microcomputer Evaluation of Careers and Academics).
Anita, Sarah, and Andre’s Classes
Della, Martha, and Rory’s classes
The Hispanic Liaison presents: Immigration workshop
Saturday, March 7
10:00am – 12:00pm
First United Methodist Church
1101 W. Raleigh St.
Siler City, NC 27344
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Deferred Action for Parent Arrivals (DAPA)
- Basic Family Immigration options
- U-Visa for certain victims of crime
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Temporary Protective Status
- Pathway to Citizenship
For more information, please contact The Hispanic Liaison (919) 742-1448
This Lee, Harnett and Chatham County Give Kids A Smile event will provide FREE dental & health services for Uninsured Children ages 1-13. Harnett and Lee county dentists,pediatric dentists, registered dental hygienists and students will offer:
- Dental Checkups
- Fluoride Treatments
- Medical Screenings
- Nutrition and Oral Hygiene
- Educational programs, Games, Prizes, Lunch & Fun for Parents and Children!